Many of the injuries that occur in the workplace are physical in nature. These injuries all contribute to significant lost work time and productivity. One of the most effective ways to manage physical injury is with exercise. This may involve specific exercises to target a particular injury, more generalised exercise for fitness and weight loss, or a combination of both. Edge People Management provides Physical Rehabilitation Programs through our specialised Physiotherapists. Our approach is both structured and innovative, designed to prevent or reduce some of the consequences associated with being injured at work. Edge promotes early intervention, employing therapeutic exercise to help prevent possible deconditioning, depression and dependence, and reinforcing an overall “wellness” model. Our aims are twofold:
– To provide appropriate formal exercise programs based on objective outcome measures which complement existing treatment protocols, and
– To establish and maintain excellent communication channels with all relevant parties.
Implementation of a physical rehabilitation program may reduce the need for vocational rehabilitation, particularly when the injured worker is able to participate in alternative duties and complete their programs on site. Clients referred for a physical rehabilitation program receive extensive subjective, physical and functional assessments and are subsequently provided with exercises tailored to their specific requirements. This may include exercises in water (hydrotherapy) and/or in a gymnasium setting. Home based exercise will also be used if appropriate. They may also incorporate different exercise modalities depending upon the nature of the injury and the level of supervision required. The program is monitored and modified throughout, with outcomes reported to all relevant parties.
Benefits to the worker of such a program include:
– improved cardiovascular fitness
– improved independence
– greater responsibility for rehabilitation
– reduced passive intervention
– reduced medication
– reduced chronicity of injury.
Career re-direction case management assists injured workers to return to work with a new employer when unable to return to their pre-injury occupation. Redeployment is appropriate in cases where:
Edge provides innovative, supportive and effective assistance in circumstances where an injured individual is unable to return to their pre-injury occupation. Typically, the following services are offered in this process:
The Vocational Assessment process assists an individual to identify realistic and achievable employment options based on their level of education and training, prior experience and aptitudes which are measured via psychometric testing instruments. These may include vocational interest surveys, personality assessments and IQ tests.
The Vocational Assessment process provides information such as:
The Vocational Assessment also identifies the:
Case Management requires individualised service delivery based on comprehensive assessment that is then used to develop a rehabilitation plan. The plan is developed in collaboration with the individual and reflects the services required to achieve the desired new employment outcome by empowering the individual to ensure that they are involved in all aspects of the planning and service arrangement in a dynamic way.
APM has developed a team of specialised consultants who focus solely on meeting the individual’s needs through communication and consultation to promote quality and cost effective outcomes.
Edge People Management canvasses potential employers to host work trials, presenting them with the following benefits:
Along with assessing their physical capacity to perform in an alternative job role, the following benefits exist for workers in the undertaking of a work trial:
Our Specialist Physiotherapists can offer a full range of services to improve not only your absenteeism rate, but also the well-being of all of your employees. We can provide regular clinics for injury management as well as ad-hoc services for assessment or other purposes.
▪ Early invention and triage of workplace injuries
▪ Immediate Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of injuries
▪ Increased control over return to work procedures
▪ Increased control over costs associated with workplace injuries
▪ Reduced Lost Time Injuries (LTIs)
▪ Minimise losses in productivity by maintaining employees at work
▪ Reduced absenteeism (by not sending your injured employees off site to external providers)
▪ Minimise workers compensation claim and premium costs
▪ Increased employee morale
▪ Comprehensive injury related statistics and trends are provided to allow identification of areas of high risk or injury occurrence
▪ Open lines of communication between all key parties to keep you informed of how your employee’s injuries are progressing.
Our Physiotherapists can also do much more than just assess and treat your workplace injuries. Our Physiotherapists can also conduct any of the following workplace health and safety services:
▪ Worksite assessments
▪ Return to work planning and advice
▪ Injury prevention programs
▪ Manual handling risk assessments
▪ Manual handling training sessions
▪ Office ergonomic assessments and training sessions
▪ Onsite health and wellness programs
▪ Onsite exercise programs.